Berkley Riverfront Development
Berkley Riverfront Development is the most dynamic, ready for development opportunity in the city. The readiness of the site is the culmination of 30 years of investment and environmental abatement, in partnership between Port KC the City of Kansas City. The final 55-acre site is part of a large scale master plan set forth by the Port KC to create a world class urban village that will encompass offices, residential and retail space, and amenities.
The master planned development for the 55-acre riverfront site calls for the creation of a world-class urban village with over 5 million square feet of offices, residential and retail space, along with entertainment and cultural amenities. Sites ranging from less than 2 to 15 acres are available for immediate development, with grading, engineered fill and utilities to be delivered with the sites. The master plan envisions a pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use environment with density, a FAR of 10 and building heights up to 130 feet.
- Size: 2 to 40 acres
- Current Zoning: Master Planned Development (approved through City Planning)
- Utilities: All utilities to site.
- Topography: Graded sites to be delivered with engineered fill at elevation above 100-year flood plain.
- Flexible parcel sizes from 2 – 40 acres adjacent to Kansas City’s revitalized downtown
- Master planned for high-density, mixed-use development
- Land may be purchased or acquired via long-term ground lease
- Numerous economic development incentives available
- Excellent access and visibility from I-35 and Kit Bond Bridge
- Columbus Park Urban Renewal District
- Nearby amenities include:
Berkley Riverfront Park (16+ acres)
Heritage Trail Systems
City Market Shops
Click here (pdf) for more information about the development.
Union | Berkley Riverfront Park
Union | Berkley Riverfront Park is a mixed use project currently under construction, which will feature 410 luxury apartment units, 400 parking stalls, and 12,000 square feet of retail shopping across five acres. The community will be pet friendly and offer amenities for residents who are active or just want to relax.
Click here to visit the Union | Berkley Riverfront Park website for more information on community amenities, apartment amenities and leasing opportunities.